Have you been out of touch over the last couple days? Wondering what is going on with all this Aaron Hernandez stuff? No problem, here’s a review of the known facts.
1. The body of a man was discovered by a jogger early Monday evening in an industrial park. The body, found less than a mile from Aaron Hernandez’s house, was identified as Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who had been dating the sister of Hernandez’s fiancee. Lloyd was shot in the head.
2. Police discovered a Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island license plates, rented from Enterprise. The rental was tied to Hernandez.
3. A Boston TV station is reporting the Bristol County DA is searching for a silver mirror cover from the rental car connected to the death.
4. FOX 25 in Boston is reporting that Hernandez, Lloyd and two other men were seen together at a bar on the night of Lloyd’s death. A source said three men returned to Hernandez’s home at the end of the night, but Lloyd was not with them.
5. Massachusetts State Police questioned Hernandez on Tuesday at his home. Police arrived just before 5 p.m. EDT and left at 10. Hernandez was not considered a suspect at the time.
6. Police returned to Hernandez’s house on Wednesday but did not elaborate on what they did there. However, at least seven state troopers searched both sides of the road just off the street where Hernandez lives.
7. Hernandez traveled to Gillette Stadium (home of the Patriots) on Thursday morning, while news choppers followed to every move. He left shortly before noon, stopping for gas. He was swarmed by reporters.
8. Police plan to return to Hernandez’s house on Thursday with another search warrant. The warrant is based on evidence that Hernandez destroyed his home security system. He also presented his cell phone to investigators “in pieces.”
Questions? Comments? Send them to [email protected] and we might respond in our weekly mailbag!