Here is the week 14 review spiced up for your entertainment. You can play 2 Truths and a Lie (2TL) by picking out which statement about each NFL game is a lie.
Car 30- Atl 20
- Cam Newton dominated the game in the air and on the ground.
- Losing to the Panthers makes some people in Atlanta nervous about Matt Ryan’s chances to get his first playoff win this season.
- That white kid in the red cutoff shirt has a chance to be drafted 1st overall and win over Cam Newton’s mom.
NYJ 17- JAC 10
- The Jets won this game on the ground.
- The Jest have won 3 out of their last 4 games.
- Beating the Jaguars by 7 instills confidence throughout a franchise.
WSH 31-BAL 28 (OT)
- Kirk Cousins lead the Redskins to victory tying the game in regulation and driving to win in overtime.
- Robert Griffin III left the game with a sprained LCL, an injury that looked like it could have been far worse.
- RG3 is such an amazing athlete that he can protect his ACL, MCL, and meniscus during a collision, thus redefining the QB position.
Phi 23- TB 21
- Nick Foles threw 2 touchdowns in the last four minutes to beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- This win ends an 8 losing streak, the longest in Philadelphia in 42 years.
- Vince Young was referring to Nick Foles when he called the Eagles a “Dream Team.”
IND 27- TEN 23
- Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts improved to 9-4 with a win over the Tennessee Titans.
- Luck erased a 13 point deficit in the second half.
- While establishing himself as a NFL QB, Luck misses the attention that comes along with being the next big thing. Good luck with that Johnny Football.
NYG 52- NO 27
- David Wilson had a breakout game with 327 all-purpose yards.
- Wilson’s only assignment in the game was to ‘run fast.’
- Wilson covered more ground than a master’s thesis on new methods of preparation of the coffee bean.
MIN 21- CHI 14
- The Chicago Bears lost control of the NFC North, loosing a road game they had penciled in as a win.
- Adrian Peterson ran for 154 yards and 2 touchdowns, and he is the Vikings’ only weapon.
- Peterson covered more ground than a Genghis Khan with automatic rifles.
SEA 58- ARI 0
- The Seattle Seahawks ran for 284 yards on their way to dismantling the Arizona Cardinals.
- Marshawn Lynch scored 3 rushing touchdowns and dominated the game.
- Lynch covered more ground than a greens keeper before the first freeze.
CLE 30- KC 7
- The Cleveland Browns are heating up having won their last 3 games.
- Trent Richardson tied Jim Brown’s franchise record for touchdowns as a rookie.
- Browns fans are confident their luck has changed.
STL 15- BUF 12
- Sam Bradford threw a game winning touchdown pass with 48 seconds left to beat the Buffalo Bills.
- Bradford and the Rams are undefeated in their division and have won their last 3 games.
- Fans across the nation are enthralled by Bradford even though his success has come as a 3rd year started and not as a rookie.
SD 34- PIT 21
- The San Diego Chargers took down the Pittsburgh Steelers in Ben Roethlisberger’s return from a shoulder and rib injury.
- The Chargers pass rush prevented Roethlisberger from finding a rhythm.
- Charlie Batch would have done better.
GB 27- DET 20
- The Green Bay Packers took 1st place in the NFC North with a win over the Lions.
- The Packers believe they have a chance to win the division and possibly earn a bye.
- The Packers new confidence comes from beating the Detroit Lions on Sunday Night Football and a magic fairy coming down and fixing all their problems on defense and offensive line.
SF 27- MIA 13
- Colin Kaepernick sealed the game with a 50 yard TD run.
- Jim Harbaugh was happy with his team grinding out this win.
- Alex Smith is getting screwed.
DEN 26- OAK 13
- The Denver Broncos have won 8 games in a row.
- Going into Monday Night Football, the Broncos have a half game lead for the second best record in the AFC.
- Peyton Manning is the obvious choice for Comeback Player of the Year.
DAL 20- CIN 19
- The Dallas Cowboys pulled out a win with heavy hearts.
- Demanding a sober driver should be standard for us all.
- There is nothing to be learned from tragedies like this one.