Welcome to the week 17 edition of 2 Truths and a Lie. Here is how you the NFL version of this classic getting to know you game, pick out the statement about each game that is a lie. Enjoy!
Min 37- GB 34
- Adrian Peterson fell 9 yards short of Eric Dickerson’s single season rushing record.
- Adrian Peterson will be the MVP.
- The Green Bay Packers are confident in their ability to slow Adrian Peterson in their first round match up because he only has 5 days to rest.
TB 22- Atl 17
- Atlanta Falcons chose not to rest their starters and still lost.
- The Falcons lost two defensive starters to injury in this game.
- The Atlanta faithful trust their Falcons in the next step for this season more than David Estes trusts Carrie Mathison.
Buf 28 -NYJ 9
- This game had little effect on this season or this off-season because any major changes at major spots throughout either franchise should have been settled on before kick off.
- The Bills ended a 6 game losing streak by beating the Jets.
- This is Tim Tebow’s 40 days in the desert.
Cin 23- Bal 17
- Both teams sat or took out many of their starters.
- The Bengals will be a 6 seed and the Ravens a 4 seed.
- Fans were thrilled with Sunday’s game featuring many of the stars of tomorrow!
Chi 26- Det 23
- Chicago won this game making 10 wins on the season but failed to make the playoffs.
- Failing to make the playoffs after a 7-1 start is an epic collapse.
- Lovie Smith’s days in Chicago were numbered before Al Capone’s were.
Ten 38- Jac 20
- Darius Reynaud and Zach Brown stole the show in Tennessee with 2 return touch downs each.
- That has never happened in the NFL.
- If one of these coaches gets fired after this game, it is a bunch of Mularkey.
Ind 28- Hou 16
- Chuck Pagano lead his team to victory in his first game back on the sidelines after battling leukemia.
- Houston lost three of their last four games.
- Everything went smooth in Pagano’s return except for an awkward moment during pregame when his and Bruce Arians’ accidentally touched reaching for the same headset.
Car 44- NO 38
- Drew Brees threw for over 5,000 yards this season for a record third time in his career.
- Cam Newton struggled this year but still lead his team to 7 wins.
- Sean Payton’s absence hurt how much people think a head coach matters in the NFL.
NYG 42- Phi 7
- The New York Giants won in week 17 but failed to make the playoffs
- The Philadelphia Eagles fired Andy Reid quickly after the game on Sunday.
- Reid faces some restless nights trying to artistically scrapbook all of the death threats he got in the mail while in Philly.
Pit 24- Cle 10
- Both the Cleveland Browns and the Pittsburgh Steelers end their seasons disappointed.
- Both teams have a few heads on the chopping block throughout the organizations
- Both teams left it all on the field Sunday.
Den 38- KC 3
- The Denver Broncos clinched the top seed in the AFC with this win.
- The Kansas City Chiefs clinched the first overall draft pick with this loss.
- Week 17 match ups never fall victim to competitive indifference.
NE 28- Mia 0
- The Patriots are looking at a first round bye after this win.
- Rob Gronkowski returned to action in this game.
- The word dynasty should not be associated with the Patriots.
SD 24- Oak 21
- Terrelle Pryor made his first start as a professional for Oakland
- San Diego won the game.
- Norv Turner left some paper work in his office thinking he could just come in and pick it up tomorrow.
SF 27- Ari 13
- The San Francisco 49ers earned a first round bye.
- Michael Crabtree had a career day with 172 yards receiving and 2 TD catches.
- Alex Smith saved himself the agony of not knowing his future and just went straight into the Cardinal’s locker room after the game.
Sea 20- StL 13
- Russell Wilson tied Peyton Manning’s record for TDs by a rookie QB.
- The Seahwaks were the only team to go undefeated at home.
- The replacement referees are being inducted to the Seattle Seahawks Hall of Fame.
Was 28- Dal 18
- Robert Griffin and Alfred Morris lead their team to the playoffs as rookies.
- The young Redskins rose to the challenge of a must win game against a division rival.
- Jerry Jones is planning a Mr. Potter (Its a Wonderful Life) style scheme to lure RG3 away from Washington.